BRADWORTHY IN WHITE'S DIRECTORY OF 1850
Bradworthy, a scattered village, near the sources of tghe small river Waldon, 6½ miles N by W of Holsworthy, has in its parish 1081 souls adn 9586 acres of land, including a large portion of hilly moorland and teh asmall hamlets of \denworthy, Alfardisworthy, Kimsworthy and Youlston.
A fair is held in the village on September 9th. The manor, with a fair on St. John's Day, was granted to Lord Brewer by King John. After passing to various families, the manor was sold in severalties and it now belongs to C. H. Hotchkys Esq. the Trustees of the late L. S. Ashton, A. B. Wren Esq and a few smaller freeholders.
Bradworthy - the village centre
The Church of St. John is an ancient structure with a tower and five bells and the living is a vicarage, which has the perpetual curacy of Pancras Week annexed to it. The patronage is in the Crown and the Rev.J. B, Clyde BA is the incumbent and has a good residence and 25 acres of glebe.
Rev. James Clyde, BA, the Vicarage
C. H, Hotchkys, Esq, Cleverdon House
Samuel Lee, wheelwright
William Oke, blacksmith
Walter Athaliah, shopkeeper
John Walter, victualler, the New Inn
A. B. Wren Esq. Berrydon House