Landcross or Lancrass, a small village and parish in the Torridge valley, 2½ miles S.S.E of Bideford, has only 120 souls and about 500 acres of land, mostly belonging to the Trustees of the late Lord Rolle, who are lords of the manor and patrons of the rectory.
The Rev. E.H. Furrington BA. is the incumbent and has 9 acres of glebe and a small residence.
The church (Holy Trinity) is an ancient structure with a wooden belfry.
The celebrated General Monk was born her in 1608.
The farmers are
Henry Guard (miller)
and William Partridge, Watertown.