^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page

 

Architecture

Census

Devon County

Devonshire Rgt.

Directory Listings

Education

Genealogy

History

Industry

Parish Records

People

Places

Transportation

War Memorials

INTRODUCTION TO THE DEVONSHIRE CENSUS OF MAKER IN 1841

 

The parish of Maker in the Hundred of Roborough

The township of  Vaultersholme in the registration District of St Germans.

Enumeration District 7:

"All that part of the Parish of Maker in Devon which is bounded by the parishes of Maker in Cornwall and St John and St John's Lake and also that part of the parish of Maker in Devon which is included in a line drawn from the north west end of Radford Lane along the boundary of Maker in Cornwall till you reach the side near Gregory's Farm. Thence by Old Lake Lane to the Turnpike Road and by the Turnpike Road to the north of Hatt (now Hat Lane) Lane thence along the boundary of Rame parish to the north west end of Radford Lane."

Please Note:

All place names are still in use and this area can be clearly identified using Google Earth.

 

At the time of this census (6 June 1841) , the ecclesiastical parish of Maker was still divided between the counties of Devon and Cornwall. To see a transcription of the 1841 Census for that part of the parish in Cornwall, go to:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kayhin/cocp_1841.html

Look for Book 9 in the section headed HO107/135 (LDS Film number 241259). This refers to that part of of the civil parish of Maker then classed as being in Cornwall. The transfer of the Devon part of Maker parish to the county of Cornwall took place in 1845.

The transcription which follows here relates only to that part of the religious parish still in the County of Devon in 1841.

 

 

 

 
 
^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page