That anything whatsoever now remains of the abandoned church of St. Andrew in South Huish, is due in a very large part to the work of the Friends of Friendless Churches organisation. They have a most interesting website which begins by explaining their aims and how they are funded:
"We have campaigned since 1957 for the preservation of ancient and beautiful but redundant churches. We now own 38 former places of worship, half in England, half in Wales, which we have saved from demolition, decay and unsympathetic conversion. We preserve these buildings undertaking repair where necessary as peaceful spaces for visitors and the local community to enjoy. In Wales our work is funded by Cadw and the Church in Wales, however in England grant aid is not automatic and we rely extensively on the generosity of donors and members."
St. Andrews is one of two churches which have come into their care in Devon, the other being a small chapel at Ayshford, in the parish of Burlescombe. Follow the link below to read more about their work in South Huish: